Photonis employees are motivated, competent and energetic. We commit to an environment that encourages leadership and learning. We encourage and support challenges to conventional thinking to further innovation and enable new technologies.
Job and internship opportunities
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
We as Photonis are a worldwide market leader in manufacturing electro-optic components used in the detection of ions, electrons and photons. We innovate and engineer quality components for integration into a variety of applications such as night vision optics, digital cameras, mass spectrometry, physics research, space exploration and many others. We provide the most widely deployed night vision tube, lead the mass spectrometer detector market, and have products installed in most space telescopes and high energy physics experiments in laboratories around the world.
To strengthen our Photonis Ultimate Detection Business Unit, we are looking for a:
Business Development Manager – Single Photon Counting Solutions
The Business Development Manager will be part of the Photonis Ultimate Detection Division in Roden (NL) and is responsible for developing the global scientific market of “Single Photon Counting” for the different products and solutions that the Division can offer. In this highly niche market, we are implementing a strategy to grow from photon detection components alone, to more integrated instruments and potentially full systems or solutions. The strategy portfolio includes both 3rd party solutions having Photonis components as a core, as well as our own new product developments.
The BD role starts with an in-depth analysis of the overall market for “Single Photon Counting”, identifying sub-segments with specific demands and needs, followed by defining the value proposition for each segment and gaining application domain knowledge. This will require global travelling and attending relevant scientific conferences as well as actively targeting potential customers for direct sales of existing products.
After establishing a knowledge and initial customer base, the BD manager is closely involved in fine-tuning the R&D roadmap for this new segment: Implementing a strategy and product-portfolio in which a more instrument and/or solutions focus is pivotal.
Initial customers will be typical end-users like Universities, Research Centers and Institutes. The longer term strategy is also to target OEM customers or (scientific) system integrators to incorporate our products and/or instruments in their offering.
The customer profile is typically scientific/technical with a high level of specialized knowhow. The BD manager needs to understand the science involved and will liaise with the division technical team in translating requirements into enabling product specifications.
The team, the position
Based in our Roden office (NL) you work directly with your colleagues of the Ultimate Detection Business Unit: The division management, the division R&D team and our marketing team. You will report to the BU Sales Director.
- Master (MSc.) in (applied) physics.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in either scientific imaging, life-science or spectroscopy
- Self-starter with a high degree of independence and initiative
- Fluent in English, additional languages are a plus
- Good communication skills
- Good at setting up and maintaining a network
- Willingness to travel worldwide frequently and if needed on short notice
- Fulltime / Location Roden, The Netherlands
- Furthermore, this position requires a hands-on mentality, initiative, enthusiasm and discipline as well as the ability to switch attention regularly.
What do we offer
- A challenging job in a booming high-tech company
- You get to work in an ambitious and growing organization with room for flexibility and (self-) development
- Work daily in a team of smart and curious people who are dedicated to one thing only: making sure our customers are successful
- Attractive salary and excellent fringe benefits
- A chance to travel the world and interact with different cultures on high tech topics
Does this position suit you? Want to know more? Send your resume and motivation letter no later than June 10th, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions or further explanation you can contact Evert van Gelder (Sales Director for Ultimate Detection) via our reception desk +31 50 501 8808.
By applying for this position, you agree that we will provide your personal data to our internal stakeholders. We may consult your LinkedIn account.