Photonis employees are motivated, competent and energetic. We commit to an environment that encourages leadership and learning. We encourage and support challenges to conventional thinking to further innovation and enable new technologies.
Job and internship opportunities
Photonis Scientific Detectors specializes in the design, development and manufacturing of leading-edge detection technology and electro-optics for the transport and identification of Ions, Electrons, UV Photons and Soft X-Rays. Our industry leading high-tech products are used by most analytical instrument manufacturers to bring added value and reliability to their specialized instrumentation such as Mass Spectrometry applications. In addition, they add significant contributions to physics and space research, drug discovery, proteomic technologies, imaging, and communications through our dedication to continual technology advancements.
To expand our mission, we are looking for a highly motivated Marketing Manager to support and contribute to our future growth plan. The Marketing Manager will be responsible to develop and implement the company’s marketing plan for our businesses in the US and Europe. She/He will work with stakeholders from Sales, Product Management, R&D and Photonis HQ to ensure the availability of effective sales tools, manage trade shows and events participation, further develop the Photonis Scientific Detectors brand and brand recognition, contribute to the global social media strategy/activities and implement a new CRM Tool. This position reports to the President/General Manager of Photonis Scientific Detectors.
- Responsible to develop and implement the company’s marketing plan which includes both product marketing and marketing communication (MarCom) activities with an emphasis on product marketing.
- Supports the sales teams to highlight all the specificities and functionalities of the products as part of the pre-sales process, analyzes the competitive landscape and defines winning value propositions for Photonis Scientific.
- Assist in identifying new market segments for growth to increase market share and profitability with existing products including competitive positioning, pricing and unique value propositions.
Conducts competitive analysis in existing and new markets and provides feedback to R & D for future product development.
- Closely work with international sales teams to create effective sales tools and lead generation programs.
- Organize and manage trade show participations in the US and Europe and execute project management for all tasks involved including communication activities to target audience.Implementation of new CRM Tool.
- Collaborate with the global marketing communication department to design communication strategies for branding, social media presence as well as national and international trade shows.
- Support the sales team with B2B business-to-business activities including help identifying potential partner companies and design outreach programs such as LinkedIn campaigns, etc.
- Experience creating and implementing a marketing plan including product marketing and marketing communication activities is essential.
- Experience in organizing and project managing trade shows and lead generation programs.
- The ideal candidate should be resourceful, self-motivated, innovative thinker and a self-starter willing to support ad hoc data inquiries and ensure that basic reporting needs are met.
- Familiarity with the Mass Spectrometry or Analytical Instrumentation industry is a strong plus.
- Ability to co-operate with 3rd party agencies for collateral design, press release generation and distribution, sales tools creation, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills to analyze new market opportunities and the competitive landscape to contribute to business cases.
- Experience working with a CRM system is a plus.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, with a marketing major.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in either product marketing and/or marketing communication within a high-tech environment.
- Exceptional computer skills especially with a Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint proficiency.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Drupal content management system are a strong plus.
- Experience in digital marketing including SEO (search engine optimization) and LinkedIn lead generation programs is a strong plus.
What we offer
- Independent, critical role for company’s growth with the ability to make a major impact
- Exciting work environment in an ambitious growing technology company
- Member of the company Leadership Team
- Support organization with vast technical and scientific know-how
- Competitive, rewarding compensation package to include the following:
- Medical, dental and vision
- 401(k) with competitive company match
- Life and ADD insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Being part of a cross-functional international team – US and Europe