Product Development Engineer
Product Development Engineer
Photonis Scientific in Sturbridge, MA specializes in the design, development and manufacture of leading-edge detectors for the transport and identification of ions, electrons, UV Photons and Soft X-Rays. We hold a number of patents on our innovative technologies which include a wide range of electron multipliers, resistive glass and fast photonic technologies.
Our quality products are used by the world’s premier Mass Spectrometry instrument manufacturers to bring unparalleled reliability to their specialized instrumentation. In addition, our products add significant contributions to physics and space research, drug discovery, proteomic technologies, imaging and communications through our dedication to continual technology improvements.
Our evolution has created the need for a self-directed, highly motivated Product Development Engineer to design and develop new revenue generating products and product improvements and introduce new designs into production. This position will be located in Sturbridge, MA.
The Product Development Engineer will be responsible for evaluating, analyzing and making recommendations on products, designs, and cost improvements to improve our competitive position and technical advantage.
- Assess, model and characterize in-house and public domain TOF technology, in all depth and dimensions
- Develop toolboxes like lab or simulation automation allowing to scale up workload
- Evaluates, analyzes and makes recommendations on products and designs to improve the competitive position of the Company.
- Develops product specifications
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics
- Plans and develops test programs for prototypes
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if designs meet functional and performance specifications and standards. Develops product specifications.
- Provides support to sales and marketing on product presentations and customer support
- Follows designs from inception to production release
- Works closely with all internal operations to maintain design intent and project schedules
- Partners with the Product Manager and Sales to understand and design to customer needs
Our ideal candidate has a BS in engineering or physics with a minimum 5+ year(s) hands-on experience that demonstrates an in- depth knowledge of Analytical Instrument design and fabrication and/or equivalent combination of education and industry related experience.
PhD with relevant thesis plus minimum 2+ years’ experience and/or equivalent combination of education and industry related experience.
In depth knowledge of ANSE drafting standards and geometric dimensioning and tolerances (GDT) a plus.
In depth knowledge of manufacturing processes including machining and fabrications
In depth knowledge of fast detectors
Candidates must be able to evidence their ability to permanently live and work in the United States without sponsorship.
We offer the right candidate an aggressive and competitive compensation package that includes a full menu of benefits including health and dental coverage, life and disability insurance, vacation and 401(k) with company match.
Please send resume with cover letter that includes salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those responses that meet the stated parameters for education, experience and professional competency will be reviewed and retained. No inquiries from professional recruiting firms or from outside the United States will be considered.