Group IT Director
Group IT Director
Photonis is the global leader in the innovation, development and manufacturing of ion, electron and photon detectors, used in the industrial, scientific, medical and defense market. Photonis innovates and engineer’s quality components for integration into a variety of applications such as night vision optics, digital cameras, mass spectrometry, physics research and space exploration.
At the facilities, located in the Netherlands, France, the USA and in Asia, operators work daily on supplying a wide range of high performance products, each supported by departments such as Research & Development (R&D), Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, IT- and Program Management.
The organization culture around the group is best described as open with genuine interest in its employees. Engagement and loyalty are found in the working environment.
Photonis is constantly aiming on innovation and development of its activities as well as organizational matters. IT plays a crucial role as it supports the business processes in both operational and support departments.
Digital Transformation is a hot topic, and also really current within Photonis. A big part of this is Industry 4.0 ( Smart Factory). The future is about data; what data do you have available and what contribution can it make to your strategic vision and daily operation? What Information can be visualized from your data? These are key questions at the moment.
Position within the company
The Group IT Director reports to the group COO. You lead the local IT managers, located in the Netherlands, France, and the USA.
About the job
As Group IT Director you are responsible for the group IT activities. You lead the local IT managers to ensure that IT activities are aligned with the Group strategic goals and policy. The local facilities are supported by several departments that rely on IT. Your challenge is to align different IT subjects, without losing the local identity. Each facility deals with local infrastructure, rules and regulations. In this position you combine best of both worlds, harmonized where possible and independent where needed. You will be a sparring partner at both local and board level. You are a connector and networker, easily approachable and you think in terms of opportunities. You mitigate threats. This role is new in the company, created to connect IT strategy with the business needs. You make sure that the right priorities are set and local and group vision are connected. You’re a natural leader with a collaborative mindset.
You contribute to the digital transformation by developing IT with a data driven mindset and are keen on the topic Information Security.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Responsible for the group IT activities.
• Contributing strategic goals and policy by developing group wide IT subjects.
• Being a sparring partner at board level on IT subjects by benchmarking with market offering and peer organizations.
• Developing a group IT strategy in architecture, tools, security and implementing it.
• Defining and running an optimized IT organization serving the purpose.
• Monitoring implementation of IT strategic actions and projects.
• Leading, coaching and inspiring the local IT managers.
• Keep up with innovation and development in your field of work and translate these into business cases
• A Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Information Systems, Business, or related field of study.
• At least 5 years related experience in similar roles in IT in an international environment.
• You know how to transform business needs into IT topics and vice-versa and communicate it to others in a simple manner.
• You are experienced in leading teams at different locations.
• You have affinity with technology and technological products.
• Fluent in English (speaking and writing); Dutch and French would be a benefit.
• You are a driven innovator and always looking for improvement.
• You want to be visible at the teams on-site regularly and don’t mind to travel international on a regular basis.
Competences and qualities
• Natural leader
• Business oriented
• Strong communication skills
Photonis offers you
A responsible, international role within a high-tech company where digital transformation is a big topic. With IT you can play a crucial role in supporting the business in developing there processes and infrastructure in the evolving data driven world. You are part of an organization that focuses on continuous innovation of high-tech developed and produced products that are used in different industries. A competitive, rewarding compensation package is offered.
Are you interested
Beljon Westerterp is responsible for this vacancy. Please send your resume and motivation letter in English. For further information please contact Nienke Rooda (email@example.com) or Janine Smetsers (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please go to: https://www.beljonwesterterp.nl/items/nl-nl/vacatures/directiebestuur/group-it-director-roden